Bob's Tool Box
Create Bob's tool box that can carry your little builder's tools and even the die-cast vehicles!
Build Time: 1.5 hours
Inactive Time: 3 hours (drying)
Must be 3+
This activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children using materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
- Tape & glue
- Construction paper
- Paint brushes with blue, yellow, orange and black paint
- Toilet paper tube
- Orange yarn (approx. 10 inches)
1. Paint the outside of the box and lid blue.
2. On the box base, use the width of the ruler to draw a vertical line on either side of the four corners from top to bottom, making rectangles around the corners. Paint these rectangles orange, and paint a thin orange stripe around the entire top edge of the base.
3. Paint a yellow rectangle inside each orange rectangle, leaving a thin orange border.
Paint diagonal black stripes across the yellow rectangles. Paint a black "B" on the box front.
4. Use the ruler to create a measuring stick on the lid. Paint an orange rectangle the width of the ruler along the top of the lid. Trace the markings along the back edge of the lid and paint them back.
5. Paint a toilet paper tube black.
Slide the yarn through the toiler paper tube and glue or tape the ends to the lid centre, the same distance apart as the tube ends.
6. Put the lid on the base.
Put a long piece of blue tape half over the lid and half over the base, making a hinge.