High Vis Vest
Bob the Builder™ always wears his safety vest. Construct your little builder's own safety vest out of a paper grocery bag!
Build Time: 20 minutes
Must be 3+
This activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children using materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
- Paper grocery bag
1. Place the bag on the table with the bottom flap folded over on top, facing up. Fold the bottom flap in half horizontally, bringing the bottom edge of the flap to meet the top edge.
2. Draw two horizontal lines about two inches in length, two inches below the bottom edge of the folded flap, one from the right edge of the bag and one from the left.
3. Draw two straight vertical lines from the end of each line to the top edge of the bag, creating two rectangles.
4. Across the top of the bag, draw two dots: three inches from either corner.
5. Use the dots as the top points and draw a V from the top of the bag, making sure the bottom point is level with the bottom of the rectangles you drew on the sides. Draw another line from the bottom point of the V to the bottom of the bag.
6. Cut along all of the lines you drew. Use markers to decorate the vest just like Bob the Builder's!