Ramps & Rollers Tunnel
Bob the Builder™ and his team are building a new road into Spring City, but there is a huge hill in the way! Help Bob the Builder by building a tunnel through the hill and a road to drive up to the top.
Build Time: 25 minutes
Must be 3+
This activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children using materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
- Toilet paper tubes
- Large box
- Die-cast and Mash & Mold vehicles
1. Flip the large box upside down, so the opening is on the table. Use the Mash & Mould vehicles as a guide for the size of the tunnel.
2. With the vehicle pushed against the side of the box, draw an upside down "U-shape" around the vehicle.
Cut out this shape.
3. Repeat this step on the direct opposite side of the box. This will create a tunnel for your vehicle to drive through!
4. Cut the flaps of the lid off of the box. Use two of the flaps to create a wall on the inside of the box, lining the openings that were cut in steps 2 & 3. Attach one end of the wall to each side of the opening. Attach the opposite ends to the sides the opposite opening.
5. Cut the toilet paper tubs in half horizontally. Line them up on the side of the box to form a long ramp. Secure them to the side of the box using tape.
6. Use markers to decorate the box like a hill in Spring City. Spend hours driving your Bob the Builder vehicles through and around the hill!