Die-cast Toy Parking Ramp
Die-cast Scoop, Muck, and Two-Tonne have had a long day! Build them a parking garage to rest in before another day of work.
Build Time: 30 minutes
Must be 3+
This activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children using materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
- 4 Toilet paper tubes
- 1 Empty cereal box
1. Cut off the top flaps and the front of the cereal box.
The remainder of the box will become the upper deck of the parking garage.
2. Use the removed box front as the base or lower deck for the garage. Glue one of each of the four toilet paper tubes to the corner of the lower deck.
3. Once the glue is dry, use a marker to draw the parking spaces for the vehicles.
Use the vehicles as a guide to determine the distance between each parking space.
4. Add more parking to the upper deck using the same process.
5. Attach the upper deck of the garage to the tops of the toilet paper tubes. Make sure you and your little builders line up each of the four corners to ensure the upper deck is directly above the lower deck.
6. Create a ramp to get the vehicles to the upper deck by gluing the two long flaps of the cereal box together. Once dry, use glue to attach the short end of the ramp to the opening of the upper deck (where you and your little builders removed the flaps in step one).