Hard Hat Area
Safety first! Kids can follow these blueprints to make their own hard hat.
The following activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children with materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
To prepare, you will need:
- Paper Plate
- Plastic bowl
- Kid Scissors
- Tape or glue
- Construction paper
- Art supplies (i.e. paint, markers, stickers)
1. Help your child cut out the center out of the paper plate. Keep the rim.
2. Cut the paper rim in half and staple it to the plastic bowl. This will be the front of the hard hat.
3. Instruct your child to tape or glue construction paper around the bowl.
4. Next, hand your child some art supplies to decorate the hard hat.
5. Once the hardhat is dry and ready, your child can wear it. Find out what they plan to build now that they have a hardhat.