On a construction site, Two-Tonne needs a special chute to deliver sand. Kids can have lots of fun using these blueprints to build their own sand chute!
The following activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children with materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
To prepare, you will need:
- Cardboard rolls (e.g. paper towel, toilet paper)
- Painters Tape
- Bowl or Box
1. Cut a few of the paper towel and toilet paper cardboard rolls in half.
2. Instruct your child to tape together the cardboard rolls on a wall outside. They can use the cut rolls to create curves in the chute.
3. Place a bowl or box at the bottom of the chute.
4. Then, pour the sand at the top of the chute and watch it spill down to the bottom.
5. Have your child experiment with different layouts. Find out which sand chute delivered the sand the quickest.