Bob and his team love building houses. Kids can use these blueprints to build their own two-story shoebox house!
The following activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children with materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
To prepare, you will need:
- Shoeboxes – one smaller than the other
- Construction paper
- Art Supplies (e.g. paint, crayons, stickers, etc.)
1. Tape or glue construction paper around the shoeboxes.
2. Cut doors, windows, and other household props from the lids of the shoeboxes.
3. Instruct your child to decorate the outside and inside of the house using the art supplies. Remind your child that the larger shoebox will be the bottom floor, while the smaller one will be the top floor.
4. Finally, glue the smaller shoebox on top of the larger shoebox.