It's Halloween and all of Bob’s friends want to get involved in the fun. Use outlines of Bob and his vehicles to create a spooky Halloween lantern!
Build Time: 10 minutes
Supervision of children while exploring new areas is strongly recommended.
To prepare, you will need:
- Dark Construction Paper
- Paper Scissors Tape
- Tissue Paper
- Electric light
1. On the large piece of dark construction paper, draw an outline of the different tools and symbols from Bob the Builder. Use the die-cast vehicles and Mash & Mold vehicles to trace the character shapes!
2. Cut out each of these shapes. Tape different colored tissue paper over each character-shaped cut-out hole in the paper, ensuring that the whole outline is covered.
3. Roll the two short ends of the construction paper together to form a wide cylinder. Tape the ends together.
4. Cut a strip of dark paper and tape one end to the top of the cylinder and the other directly across, forming a handle.
5. Stand the lantern up on top of a piece of cardboard. Trace the circle bottom onto the cardboard and cut it out. Attach the cardboard circle to the bottom of the lantern to create a stiff base for the light to rest.
6. Place an electric battery operated flameless candle inside the lantern on top of a table and watch the spooky shapes dance in the shadows!