It is Halloween and all of Bob's friends want to get involved in the fun. Use outlines of Bob the Builder™, his tools and his machines to create a spooky Halloween lantern!
Build Time: 10 minutes
Must be 3+
Supervision of children using materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
To prepare, you will need:
- Dark construction paper
- Electric light
- Tissue paper
1. On the large piece of dark construction paper, draw an outline of the different tools and symbols from Bob the Builder. You and your little builder can make this easier by tracing around die-cast vehicles and Mash & Mold vehicles.
2. Cut out each of these shapes. Tape different colored tissue paper over each character-shaped cut-out hole in the paper, ensuring that the whole outline is covered.
3. Roll the two short ends of the construction paper together to form a wide cylinder. Tape the ends together.
4. Cut a strip of dark paper and tape one end to the top of the cylinder and the other directly across, forming a handle.
5. Stand the lantern up on top of a place of cardboard. Trace the circle bottom onto the cardboard and cut it out. Attach the cardboard circle to the bottom of the lantern to create a stiff base for the light to rest on.
6. Place an electric light inside the lantern on top of a table and watch the spooky shapes dance in the shadows!