Build Your Own Tool Belt
Bob and his team need a new builder! Every builder needs a tool belt. Kids can follow these blueprints to make their own.
The following activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children with materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
To prepare, you will need:
- Construction Paper
- Kid Scissors
- Markers and/or crayons
1. Cut a piece of construction paper into four or five long strips. Then tape each strip into a circle. Tape the circles onto the belt so the openings are parallel to the floor.
2. Then, cut other pieces of construction paper into three wide strips. Using the markers and/or crayons, invite your child to draw some of the tools found on Bob’s tool belt or create his or her own. Suggest tools like:
- Power Drill
3. Next, have your child cut out the tools with kid scissors.
4. Now your child can put on his or her very own tool belt and place the tools into the circles.
5. Ask your child about each tool in the tool belt and what it would be used for.