Make Your Own Toolbox
Every good builder needs his or her own toolbox. Kids can follow these blueprints to build their own.
The following activity is designed for parents and children to do together. Supervision of children with materials such as glue, scissors, etc. is strongly recommended.
To prepare, you will need:
- Empty Tissue Box
- String or Twine
- Construction Paper
- Art Supplies (i.e. markers, crayons, paint, stickers) Art Supplies (i.e. markers, crayons, paint, stickers)
1. Cut out the plastic on the top of the empty tissue box.
2. Use tape to add construction paper to the sides of the tissue box.
3. Invite your child to decorate the toolbox with the art supplies.
4. Once decorated, cut a piece of string or twine to use as the handle. Staple the ends to either side of the tissue box.
5. Now that toolbox is complete, find out what tools your child will put in the toolbox.